Monday, January 30, 2012

Establishing a Vision and SMART Goals

Establish a vision for your role.
  The volunteers who come to Service Squad will feel the Spirit as they serve others, develop their own divine-centered leadership characteristics, and gain a testimony of the mission of BYU/SA.

Which SMART goal do you need to specifically work on or improve?
  I want each person to gain a testimony of the mission and purpose of BYU/SA, which is to develop more divine-centered leaders and to establish Zion communities. I will accomplish this, by teaching the volunteers a quick lesson each Wednesday night about the mission and vision of BYU/SA, so when they go to serve that night, they can share that message with those they serve. I will encourage and help each person understand the mission, so they can feel comfortable in sharing that. I will encourgae them by setting an example and being the first person to share the message with the people we serve.

Use the SMART goals to solve a problem in your role.
  One problem with my role, is I find it difficult to speak in fron of all the volunteers (i.e. conducting the meetings). I will solve this problem by forcing myself to conduct the 1st and 3rd weeks of the month, while Jessica, my co-program director, conducts the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays. I will prepare to conduct and share my thoughts on leadership, and then afterwards, I will ask Mallory (my ED) and Jessica which areas I need improvement in.

No comments:

Post a Comment